"One of the surest tests [of the superiority or inferiority of a poet] is the way in which a poet borrows. Immature poets imitate; mature poets steal; bad poets deface what they take, and good poets make it into something better, or at least something different. The good poet welds his theft into a whole of feeling which is unique, utterly different than that from which it is torn; the bad poet throws it into something which has no cohesion."

-T.S.Elliot

Let's all be good thieves together.

Tuesday 6 April 2010

Hello to any visitors from Vampirefreaks

I see Nicky's provided a few links to my blog on one of the cults so I feel I should welcome any visitors and spell out exactly what I do here regarding ma little dumpling's stowies.

First why, since it's possibly relevant and always a good question. Now while I think his stories are generally terrible, poorly written, and weakly plotted that has nothing to do with why I mess with him. Simply put I began after I felt he went too far in harassing one of his critics, a favourite pastime of his, however you may notice that there's practically no mention of him on this blog for most if not all of 2009. During that time period as far as I'm aware he wasn't harassing anyone and so I didn't feel the need to aggravate him. Then a few months ago he started up again. I was content to watch at first, though I did leave a positive review for one of the parodies; what can I say, it was funny. Then dumpling decided to email a friend of mine regarding a comment left on this blog over a year ago wishing him an anal death sentence... Now that's not cricket and so I rediscovered my inspiration and started up my rewrite project.

As to how I do my rewrites, I simply examine one of Nicky's stories, pick out an idea that interests me and write my own, unique story, based on that idea, something I'm sure I'm not alone in doing. In fact I can think of a famous example from LotR, both the Ents and Eowyn killing the Witch King appear to have been inspired by issues Tolkien had with MacBeth. Anyway if you can be bothered to actually compare my versions to Nicky's I doubt you'll find more than a single sentence the same, and that's probably an extremely short sentence that easily features in a dozen different works. However I keep a title, a character name, a stupid acronym, or something similar because I know how much it annoys ma little dumpling to see it.

This is less a defence of my actions and more a simple explanation, providing my side of the story to allow you to make a properly informed decision of your own. I'm fully aware that neither Nicky nor I come across as healthy, balanced individuals, but if he issued a proper, general, public apology to the people he's unfairly harassed and started acting like a man instead of a child I would be happy to remove any story inspired by him. But we both know that's never going to happen, don't we dumpling?

3 comments:

Nickolaus Pacione said...

Got AIDS yet? You are nothing but a thieving little faggot who can't come up with their own ideas or characters. Shut up and let me get a readership and let me get sales for my novel. That review you did of my novel was a public defecation of something that part of the book leaked by another troll before it was even finished. You are stealing from my codexed.com journal too now? Why must you want to steal from me? Do you hate me that much? What is your fucking obsession?

Lewis said...

Obsession, Dumpling? Why no, I consider you a hobby, one that I hoped I could finally abandon when your personal tragedies resulted in what seemed to be improved behaviour. Alas as these last few weeks have shown you are simply incapable of change and so until someone finally takes you in hand, or some benevolent deity of any description shines the light of understanding and empathy into your empty little noggin and you repent of your ways, I'll be glad to play with you in the hopes of keeping you away from real writers who quite frankly don't need the extra hassle, minimal though it is, your deranged, bigoted little screeds provide.

Nickolaus Pacione said...

You can't even say the term right.